“As we evolve, our homes should too” – Suzanne Tucker.
You finally have a place to call your own, and you’re thinking of designing it. That said, your home is a reflection of your personality which is why it’s important to consider important points you cannot miss out on while doing the interiors.
The first thing that you need to focus on is space- what amount of space do you want your furniture and other mandatory household stuff to occupy. Start with giving your apartment a thorough glance. As ideas begin to flow through your imagination, you’ll get a knack for how to make your apartment look bigger and spacious.
Here are a few points that might help you give your apartment a makeover and make it spacious.
- Use the high and ditch the lows – We all have a habit of using the floor as our playground. Everything is stacked all around the floor while the walls remain bare. Utilize the walls as high as up to the ceilings to create cupboards and storage spaces. This will leave the floor relatively empty and give you more movement space.
- Go with pastel hues – Bolder colors are an excellent style statement, but for a small apartment, its nude and pastel shades that work wonders. They give a brighter and minimalist vibe to the entire space.
A pro tip would be to add a similar or the same lighter hue to the furniture. The merging of colours will give a concealed effect, thus making the space look bigger.
- Mirrors make it prettier – Who does not love to spend hours admiring themselves in the mirror. Add a pair, one in the bedroom, and one in the living room. They add aesthetic vibes, light up the area, and it’s always good to have a look at yourself in the living room.
- Multipurpose furniture – Why have separate storage for knick-knacks when you can store them in your couch or sofa? Confused? A two in one furniture will save you space and have multiple functionality.
For example, how about a couch that can transform into a bed, or a coffee table that can also be used as a workstation, or collapsable chairs that are foldable and can be used when required.
- Open up spaces wherever, whenever – Windows are the simplest solution to transform our boring home into a spacious apartment. They lighten, brighten and lengthen the area. Highlight the window by keeping it as empty and open as viable.
Pro tip: Adding floor-length curtains and a simple vase that’s knee-length long will transform the look of your room completely.
These tips have helped a good number of users transform their apartments into spacious abodes that are stylish and chic too.
Gone are the days when living in apartments meant spending time in small, constricted, and dull spaces. With just some good planning and pro tips, you can transform your home into a spacious-looking abode that reflects positive vibes.